Welcome to my blog...

A place to share my love of scrapbooking, crafts, cupcakes, and shopping.....

Followers

Friday, May 4, 2012

Tuesday Freebie from Scrapping with Lisa's Designs


Scrapping with Lisa's Designs offers a free pattern every week.  The Kangaroo was the free pattern this week.  You can get your own at http://www.scrappingwithlisadesigns.com/category_17/Freebies.htm.  With my Kangaroo Pattern, I made a frame for mother's day for my mom.

I took a wooden frame from Michaels and trace the shape onto some pattern paper then I cut out the shape.  I used ModPodge to decoupage the paper to the frame and let it dry.  After it was dry, I painted the edges with fuchusia paint.  I hand cut out the Kangaroo pattern.  I made two infact.  One bigger and one smaller( A Mom and a Little Girl) I pieced the Kangaroo togethers and added a little pink bow to each of them.  I also used brown and black stickles on the edges to give them that extra bling.  The Momma Kangaroo is cut on a corkboard scrapbooking paper I got from Michaels.  The Little Girl Kangaroo is cut a lighter brown.   I used some foam tape to attach them to the frame and pop them up a little.  I added some flowers and ribbon.  Then I took the clear title and put it on pink cardstock then cut around the title.  Added the title to the frame.  I traced the cardboard mat heart with Pink Shiny paper, cut it out and glued the shiny pink heart on to the cardboard heart so I had a pretty mat.  Remember to pop over to Scrapping with Lisa's Designs and check out all of her fun patterns.   Check back on Monday to see our Design Team Projects we have created with Scrapping with Lisa's Designs.  

No comments: