“IT’S ALL ABOUT CATITUDE” BLOG HOP
October 28 & 29
Welcome to Day Two the “It’s All About Catitude” Blog Hop which I am hosting in honor
of National Cat Day, October 29, 2011, and our furry little felines. The theme of the hop is “It’s All
About Catitude” and 19 crafty ladies have come together to create some purrfectly adorable
projects in honor of National Cat Day and our furry little felines. The hop will run for two days,
October 28, 2011 and October 29, 2011. So please be sure to check out each day to see what
new project each of our talented ladies has in store for you.
It’s All About Cat Blog Hop Lineup:1. Barbara B. http://barbarab3.blogspot.com/
2. Crafty and Green (Tina) - http://craftyandgreen.blogspot.com/
3. Haidee http://created2bunique.blogspot.com/
4. Janet S http://ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/
5. Vicki http://scrapbookingcreationsbyvicki.blogspot.com/
6. Linda T http://www.lindascreativity.blogspot.com/
7. Lisa http://handmadewithlove-lisa.blogspot.com/
8. Jamie http://myamusinglife.blogspot.com/
9. Gill http://scrappincreationsbygillm.blogspot.com/
10. Princess Penelope. http://thescrapbookingqueen-princesspenelope.blogspot.com/
11. Gina http://californiascrappin-gcinderella21.blogspot.com/
12. Inga http://mommahobbit.blogspot.com/
13. Vicki R - http://mawmawsthoughts.blogspot.com/
14. Yvette L. http://gammascreativecorner.blogspot.com/
15. Wendy T.http://www.gilbyscraftster.blogspot.com/
16. Julie K- http://jk-littlebitofbling.blogspot.com/
17 Lynda B. http://memoriesintyme.blogspot.com/
18. Shannon M. - http://www.purplelionpaper.com/blog
My Grand Prize Blog Candy for this Blog Hop is the Cricut Cartridge Create A Critter. I will also have a little daily grab bag blog candy. Day Two Blog Candy is a grab-bag of Cat scrapbook items. I will pick the winners on Monday, October 31, 2011.
Rules to be eligible for Blog Candy:
(1) You MUST visit each blog and leave a comment on every blog in the hop each day
(2) Leave a comment below on my blog
(3) Become a follower at "Craftin’ with Barbara”If you become a follower at The Adventures of Cuddles and Kit Kat and tell me what is your favorite cat movie? you will get an extra opportunity at the blog candy.
As we all know, Cats have their own personality and most definitely an attitude. I have had 3 cats of my own, and I also took care of my mom’s cat and my godson’s cat. Needless to say, each of those 5 cats have/had their own distinct personality and are/were lovable furballs. In fact, my two darling furbabies, Cuddles and Kit Kat have started their page. Please be sure to check out their page. They would love some friends. And I heard they are giving out some blog candy of their own, including a special treat to a furry friend follower.
After Fluffy passed away, I didn't think I would ever get another cat, because well, I never thought I would find such a sweetie as her. And, I was taking care of my Mom's cat, Tuffy and my godson's cat, Sabrina since neither were able to keep their cats at their homes since they each moved into new places. But my grandparents' friend who was a vet had some little kittens, and my grandparents told me to go over and pick out one. Well, I went to the vets, and the vet assistant walked me over to the cage. As we walked toward the cage, I noticed this white and orange paw reaching out the cage, and this little orange and white kitten. The tech reached in and picked up the little furball. She handed her to me and the kitten immediately began licking my nose and giving me kitty kisses as she purred happily. The tech said she had never done that to them or anyone else. So, I joke that Cuddles adopted me. And ever since she has been giving me kitty kisses. Cuddles is 18 years old. And I can't even begin to tell you what an absolutely adorable and good natured cat she is. We have been through alot together and she is my precious furbaby. She got along great with Tuffy and Sabrina. The three of them would cuddle. And after I married, she got a big black lab brother named Brady whom she came to adore. After Tuffy, Sabrina and Brady passed away, she was lonely. but she still loved cuddling with Mom and Dad. When she can't find us or her sister, she cries loudly.
A few years after her stroke, my mom moved into her own apartment again. She had lived with us and she bonded with Cuddles. So, she was lonely. One day while at the Vet, I noticed a cat in a cage. It was up for adoption. Once I picked her up, I knew we needed to adopted her. The tech told me she had been kept in a cage alot as the previous owner had gone to jail and had a friend watch her, but the friend didn't like cats so the friend eventually tired of caring for her and brought her to the Vet. So, I got the cat for my mom. . We named her Kit Kat. She was 18 months and she a Seal Point Himayalan. A year later, my mom had to move into assisted living and she couldn't keep Kit Kat. So, Kit Kat came to live with us. At first, Kit Kat was standoffish but soon, she was part of the family. Cuddling with us and Cuddles. Purring loudly and playing happily. She still doesn't like loud noises specially firecrackers and thunder. At first Cuddles pretended not to like her, but soon, they were sisters. And now, they love to hang out together. Kit Kat is a sweetie. She loves her older sister and loves to clean her. She loves sitting in my craft room as I craft.
I used my Cricut to cut out the Title and Paw. The Cat was cut with my Sizzix. Cuddles tolerated me putting Daddy's hats on her and taking her picture.
Now, hop on over to Tina at Crafty and Green and see the beautiful creations she has made for the hop. I want to thank the talented ladies of this hop. And, Remember, to adopt/rescue a little furry feline friend.