50th Birthday Luau Blog Hop
Hello, I am so very happy to have you hop over to help me in celebrating my 50th Birthday. This is my very first blog hop, and I am so excited to share all the wonderful projects created by some very talented and creative ladies with you. So, grab a refreshment, sit back and enjoy all three days of the 50th Birthday Luau hop. This hop runs from August 29-31, so please be sure to check back each day to see what new project each of our talented ladies has in store for you.
Since my birthday is in August, I have always wanted to have a Luau, and well, I love the beach. So, our theme for this hop is, of course, LUAU THEME. What a better way to celebrate my birthday then with a 50th Birthday Luau Hop and the creative talents of all the very talented ladies participating in this hop.
50th Birthday Luau Blog Hop Lineup:
1. Barbara B. http://barbarab3.blogspot.com/
2. Gill M - http://creationsbygillm.blogspot.com
3. Linda Simpson - http://lindasimpsoncraftypieceofheaven.blogspot.com
4. Shawnee - http://www.blessedonthebrightside.com
5. Lisa - http://handmadewithlove-lisa.blogspot.com/
6. Jacki http://cardsbyjacki.blogspot.com/
7. Pendra http://pendrasplace.blogspot.com/
8. Ashley- http://theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com/
9. Tammy- http://thepurplemuse.blogspot.com/
11. Jearise- http://lorbysworld.blogspot.com/
12. Cyndie- http://cyndiepaperboutique.wordpress.com/
13. Gina- http://californiascrappin-gcinderella21.blogspot.com/
14. April - http://curlsandgrins.blogspot.com
15. Lynne- http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/
Grand Prize: Cricut Cartridge Luau 2011 Seasonal
Day 1 Blog Candy: Cuttlebug Disney NEMO Combo Embossing & Die Set
Day 2 Blog Candy: Cuttlebug Disney Celebration Combo Embossing & Die Set
Day 3 Blog Candy: Sizzix Texturz Texture Plates-Kit #3
Rules to be eligible for Daily Blog Candy and the Grand Prize:
(1) You MUST visit each blog and become a follower
(2) Leave a comment on every blog in the hop each day
(3) Leave a comment below on my blog
(4) Become a follower at "Craftin’ with Barbara”
Now on to my projects for the First Day of the Hop, I made two. The first is a layout. I didn't title it yet, I haven't decided on a title. I will wait until I add the pictures. I am going on a picnic today since it is my birthday, and it has luau theme. So, I made this layout for the pictures.
I used the Life's A Beach and Luau Cartridge for this layout. The paper is Beach Babe, and of course, I used stickles. The layouts reflects some of my favorite things: Hawaiian flowers, the color pink, Tiki Huts, Pineapple drinks with umbrellas and stickles. I absolutely love the Beach Babe paper!
My second project is a Hawaiian Flower Card. I used my Gypsy which I absolutely love and welded the flower together to create the card. I used the Life's Beach Cartridge and of course, stickles(Fruitpunch and Glam Pink) and pink The palm trees are Jolees.
I wanted to also share this picture of our oldest fur-baby, Cuddles, who got in the spirit of the hop theme.
I want to thank the lovely ladies of this hop for helping me celebrate my birthday. Now, hop on over to Gill, and see the beautiful creations she has made for the hop. Please be sure to stop by tomorrow and hop along with us again to see more crafty creations.